Sustainable & Equitable Environments Program
State to Federal Climate Spending
Identifying, ensuring, and communicating environmental justice pipelines for black and low income communities.
- Education through webinars, roundtables, and training sessions
- Advocation through coalition building, public commenting
- Community building through relationship fostering, partnership with BIPOC leaders, and event hosting
Educating and bolstering opportunities for low-income communities to electrify their homes and businesses.
- Hosting roundtables to help local communities retrofit their homes
- Spreading word to low-income communities about electrification opportunities
- Advocacy through coalition participation, public commenting, and momentum building
Help clean energy transformation on the ground while prioritizing programs that advance justice and support to sustain strong EPA regulations.
- Identify opportunities to engage black communities in Colorado in air quality rule making
- Educate disproportionately impacted communities about the health implications of transportation pollution and possibilities surround EVs
Ensuring Black and low-income communities access to safe water.
- Education around water conservation in homes and policy
- Advocating for cleaner water sources and conservation/restoration of these sacred areas
Public Health Equity
Promoting equitable health benefits including reducing impacts of air pollution.
- Advocating for reducing carbon dioxides, nitrogen oxides, radon, and more
- Educating about impacts and severity of air pollution and other public health concerns