State to Federal Climate Initiative (SFCI) – SFCI Coordinator Job Description Associate Consultant (Sustainability, Energy, and Climate Change)
The NAACP Rocky Mountain State Conference’s new “Clean Future” – Sustainable Environments Program seeks to support communities of color and low-wealth communities to direct infrastructure and land use investment dollars, drive decision-making processes and design policy solutions because those who are disproportionately impacted by environmental and climate inequity have the greatest negative impact of its effects. As part of our commitment to protecting the planet and helping our community achieve environmental goals, we are deepening and broadening its focus.
NAACP Rocky Mountain Conference is currently initiating a search for a Part-Time Building Electrification Specialist/Energy Consultant for our Colorado office. This role is involved in projects with our Environmental Justice Committee and being a part of a growing organization that meets our community’s climate crisis objectives and solves environmental equity challenges.
As a Building Electrification Specialist, you will be integral to driving our electrification and decarbonization efforts by acting as a consultant to our organization, coalitions, and legislators. You will regularly interact with other NAACP members, environmental coalitions, community leaders and legislators on legislation and project engagements. You will collaborate with State Conference members, volunteers and staff to support electrification projects and programming for the community. Building electrification is a vital component in moving Colorado forward to 100% renewable energy by 2040, the goal stated in the Governor’s Climate Roadmap. Electrifying residential homes, as well as commercial spaces, will be a difficult feat – however, with leadership from organizations like NAACP Colorado, we can help move it along.
Responsibilities will include:
- Energy efficiency measure analysis
- Green building knowledge
- Renewable energy analysis
- Beneficial electrification knowledge and consulting
- Understanding of local and state energy codes and policies
- Be an active participant in regular meetings (weekly or bi-weekly) with committees and coalitions related to providing project updates, as well as other relevant meetings related to climate work
- Offer support and consultation related to sustainability and electrification strategies, energy efficiency measures, etc.
- Present at internal and external lunch & learn type trainings
The ideal candidate will focus on electrification capacity building and can apply relevant industry knowledge; be up to date on new and existing tools related to electrification strategies, energy efficiency measures, technologies, and trends; be someone who possesses strong communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders including government, climate and environmental justice coalitions, and private sector.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to read, review, and evaluate electrification trends
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the climate, electrification, or sustainability space
- Basic understanding of environmental justice issues for Black and Brown communities
Full-time or internship work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Power & Renewables: Distributed energy resources (DER), EV vehicles and charging, electrification of residential processes and/or onsite electricity generation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The NAACP State Area Conference coordinates the civil rights activities of freedom fighters and game-changing activists in our three states and helps move forward the policies and initiatives of the NAACP National Board of Directors and our National Office Staff.
At RMNAACP, we want to give our interns and consultants the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to our team will be essential in meeting community objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started and help the community?
RMNAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
Salary is commensurate with experience.